Mapper is a general-purpose application developed by using the Active Map control. Mapper is included with other products like the Web Map Server and Active Map to use as a common tool for compiling map compositions. Additionally, Mapper can be used as a special tool for map based time series analysis.
Mapper is not intended to be a replacement for a complete GIS since it doesn’t include standard GIS functions such as overlays, projections and so forth. Mapper is merely a presentation tool that can deal with time series data unlike any GIS can.
The unique features that distinguish Mapper from other products are:
- Support for common GIS formats
- Support for grid based GIS layers, including interpolation, contouring, hill shading
- Support for image based GIS layers, including ECW format images
- Support for tiling, allowing huge data sets to be rendered efficiently
- Supports animation of time dependent data, animations can be saved in AVI format
- Supports Charting of time dependent data
Mapper system requirements are:
- Windows NT 4.0 or higher (2000/XP/Vista/7/10)
- 20 MB of free disk space
You can download the installation here.
Together with the public domain worldmap.